11/6/10

"Sobriety Blind"

Never thought I would find myself where drinking has got me thinking I’m not finding a means to an end. 

Better yet I think I’m hitting nothing but dead ends. 

The liquor I’m ingesting is infesting and is quicker to delude me while my problems elude me.  Sobriety would not have me in trouble with society so why isn’t my anxiety understanding this.  The chaos I’ve created is becoming out dated and I wish I could erase it but I can only stand here now and face it.  I know there are better days and this does not define me but the pain I have left behind I cannot undo or uplift… so I’m left with no where to shift. 

Let alone the apprehension that’s bringing on the tension from what oversight is going to have my hands locked up behind me tight.  Cause I never thought my actions would be causing me infractions and all this distraction from whom… I thought to be. 

Three nights in time that has changed me rearranged me and has somehow brought me awareness but I have to question the unfairness for those who got caught up in my wake. 

From within all I here is to make this right as I reach out trying to absorb and attract the shimmer of lights coming at me in waves of insight.  I have the self worth so it’s time to implement my life’s rebirth as this is all so new to me cause to much time has past not being true to me. 

Matter of fact I think I’m flat out screwing me. 

Instead of slipping and tripping along this troublesome road it’s time to bring forth true vision and sight in order to see out from under… all that I have allowed to cloud me.












 Copyright © Scott Compton 2008 

No comments: