10/22/10

"Perhaps"


Perhaps….
 
Perhaps one day I will look back at this moment and sense what the world was trying to teach me…

In the midst of so much unrest, trees burning, ashes falling upon my head while the ruins I hold in my hands.  All is dusk no rays of light to be found or hope for that matter.  My heart it beats but I can barely hear the flutter.  Lost and broken beyond a point no priceless token could buy back the shattered pieces that remain my soul. 

I drift off in a haze unaware of the days that are passing and why my spirit is stead fast on fasting.  I’ve become entombed in the hell, this prison cell, which has become my mind.  So much burnt to the ground as I look around at all the soot covered imagery I see before me.  This has become such a dark desolate picture so bleak from the painting all the colorful colors we crafted together.  Still smoldering from my hands is all that I am still holding onto.  Holding on to you or at least what has become the depiction, all be it fiction, of all I believed you embodied.   So unaware of the care you were lacking or the vacant places you chose to find your solitude. 

Once in the presence of my heart you saw that you had only mere played in the shadows of love…. 

Offering such an affectionate embrace so foreign was the touch it left you anxious and alone.  Creeping back to your closed off world of hidden sadness buried deep within…  I exiled to nothingness. 

With my hands I caress each crack of my broken heart as my finger tips trace the jagged edges.  Opening my eyes once again I see the ashes of all my shattered dreams.  Clinging on to self…  all my expectations the years of dedication to the oneness of my life.

Hope becoming my only guide… 

Sanguinity lies off in the distance and may be to far from my grasp although I keep on grasping.  It comes in the form of words of regards as each one slowly places back the shards that are scattered before my feet.  It comes in touching tenderness embrace clearing all that was smoldering around me so maybe… just maybe I could look back at this moment and sense what the world was trying to teach me.

While all along God was trying to reach me…

Copyright © Scott Compton 2008

 

No comments: