12/1/10

Time to Rise

As a nation do you feel these days our pride is showing, as people are we growing while our administration seems fine not knowing the direction we are going.

Leadership with a weak direction will and has become an infection affecting society into each and every single home.  

This isn't an anti government speech, I'm not here to preach but just looking for people to reach.  

We are becoming a nation wounded, which is a strong conclusion my psyche is having to face that I'm not willing to replace with these idealistic illusions my government keeps feeding me from an unrealistic podium in which they stand...  What became of One Nation for which I stand.

I see.. maybe we learned that to far back in elementary school when we would recite our pledge to the flag.  I felt incited empowered standing tall proud with voice aloud.. right hand firmly pressed against my chest.

This wasn't a test this was us as children at our best.  This was true American pride it seams we are slowly setting aside.  

We are still spending billions in Afghanistan & Iraq, while there are daily deadly attacks on soldiers our Nation will eventually turn their backs.  

Two wars at hand no one taking a stand, as we prepare our withdraws leaving behind our flaws.

Let me ask you.. do you truly believe we were fighting for freedom?

It's becoming far to easy, almost kinda sleazy to turn our eyes from the wars, the poor and the outstretched hands of the unemployed.

We are a Nation off track, leadership we lack and I'm just looking to rise up.. and take it the fuck back.

Copyright © Scott Compton 2010

No comments: